As the COVID-19 pandemic has proceeded, the Cathedral has striven to continue providing worship services in various combinations of live and streamed services. Starting on Sunday, November 22, we will add our special Hawaiian/English language Eucharist at 8:00 am, followed by a traditional mostly-English language service at 10:00 am. Between services during the Advent Season we will have a Formation program available either live (with social distancing) or via Zoom.
- Sunday, 8 am: Holy Eucharist Rite II in Hawaiian and English, with sermon and music, in the Cathedral (subject to protocols below) and also streamed on Facebook
Sunday, 10:00 am: Holy Eucharist Rite II in English, with sermon and music, in the Cathedral (subject to protocols below) and also streamed on Facebook
- During the week, 9:00 am: prayers, scripture, hymns, and a little teaching for the Advent season each day. streamed on Facebook
- Friday, 9:00 am: Public Service for Healing, with an accompanying concert from our Cathedral choirs and Orvis Choral Scholars, streamed on Facebook
During the Season of Advent (November 29 until Christmas Day) there will also be a special program on Sundays at 5:10 pm streamed on Facebook. Together, we will explore four special Advent hymns, considering their origin, their “story”, and the relevant Scripture and theology expressed through the hymn.
Protocols for in-person services:
The following practices and protocols will be in place for our gathering if you come and join us in-person:
- Mask wearing is required at all times. Free masks will be available as you enter, if you need one.
- Hand-sanitizer will be available. Please use it upon entering, and leaving if you wish.
- You will be asked for your name and phone number to be written down by an usher, just in case we need to do contact tracing.
- To assure physical distancing, look for the blue ‘x’ in the pews for a place to sit. Families who live together can sit together; others must maintain a 6′ distance.
- There will be no “collection.” Instead, a calabash will be available in the narthex if you wish to leave an offering, either entering or leaving.
Our Orvis Choral Scholars will be with us Sunday mornings to share beautiful music (observing strict safety protocols) however, we will not share in congregational singing or responses. Rather, the Spirit will intercede for us with “sighs too deep for words to express” (Romans 8:26, mostly) and our Deacon will offer the congregational responses.
Services streamed on Facebook:
We welcome you to join our ‘ohana together through time and space and cyberspace as we stream not only our Sunday morning service but also Sunday evening and weekday services. You do not need a Facebook account to join our streamed services! Just go to facebook.com/thecathedralofstandrew/videos and you should be able to see it either currently streaming or in the list of recent Cathedral videos.
We remain grateful for your continued faithfulness and generosity. We have missed you!