Lent 3 – Sunday March 19
We meet for supper discussion this week, Sunday March 19th, 5 pm before Compline. See the menu and agenda here. Please sign up now, by emailing Melvia Kawashima, <email@example.com>. The final meeting will be a noon lunch finale on April 2, sharing our comments and unanswered questions from the five-week journey.
Using Karen Armstrong’s best seller, 12 Steps to a Compassionate Life as a resource and reading reference, we ponder questions below during this week:
- The Seventh Step – How Little We Know!
How does acknowledging and honoring the mystery of life and of each other contribute to our capacity for compassion?
- The Eighth Step – How Should We Speak to One Another?
What do you bring to personal and professional discussions or arguments?
Do you make a “place for the other” or do you try to advance your argument?
- The Ninth Step – Concern for Everybody
How would a nonviolent approach work?
What qualities of mind and heart would it require?
See Rev. Malcolm Chun’s Introduction to Our Lenten Reflections on Compassion
Notes on Karen Armstrong’s Steps 7, 8, and 9
To participate in our discussion, use the form below. You may share your reflection below as a shared experience or an expanded affirmation
- All comments from first-time contributors will be reviewed for appropriateness.
- If you leave a comment or reply, please provide your name and email address.
- If you notice an issue or potential misuse of this feature, you can report it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thank you for your interest. We look forward to your participation!