A Warm Welcome for our Guest Organist – This week we welcome our guest organist Leohone Magno, who is filling in this Sunday for our interim Music Director Todd Beckham.
Presidents Day – The offices of The Cathedral of St. Andrew and The Bishop’s Office will be close on Monday, February 20 in observance of Presidents’ Day.
Cathedral Closure – The Cathedral will be closed for termite abatement work all day Friday, February 24, 2017 and will be re-opened Saturday afternoon February 25.
2017 St. Andrew’s Directory Reprint – We will be reprinting the Directory for the Cathedral of St. Andrew. Anyone new or with a change in information to the directory should fill out a form that will be available from the ushers or at the Cathedral office. We have tried to correct all previously submitted information and will be providing a draft version of the update for your review before the final printing.
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2017
Fr. Moki Hino, Canon Administrator and Priest-in-Charge
Thursday, February 16, 2017
Dear Cathedral Ohana:
It has been another full and life-giving week at the Cathedral and I am looking forward to Saturday evening and Sunday morning as we gather to worship the God who makes life not only possible, but also rewarding. As I end my workweek, my heart is full and I am grateful to be here serving as your priest.
On Monday our Worship Committee met for an hour and a half to reflect on and prepare for our liturgical life here at the Cathedral. I’d like to make the following report:
- We will have three services on Ash Wednesday (March 1st):
- 7:00AM Eucharist with the Imposition of Ashes in the Cathedral choir stalls
- 11:30AM Eucharist with the Imposition of Ashes in the Parke Chapel
- 5:30PM Eucharist with music and the Imposition of Ashes in the Cathedral
- We will pray the Great Litany at the 8:00 and 10:30 services on the 1st and 3rd Sundays in Lent (March 5th and March 19th).
- During Holy Week, in addition to our regular Easter Sunday schedule, we will hold the following services:
- Maundy Thursday (April 13th) at 5:30PM
- Good Friday (April 14th) at 12:00N
- The Great Vigil of Easter (April 15th) at 7:00PM
- All services will take place in the Cathedral
- Our next Aliʻi Sunday will honor the Baptism & Confirmation of Queen Lili`uokalani on Sunday, May 21st at the 8:00 service
- Beginning the First Sunday in Lent, the 7:00 service will gather in the choir stalls for Eucharist
Please feel free to contact me during the week if you have any further questions. Mahalo!
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2017
Sundays, 9 – 9:55 am
The Loft at St. Peter’s Church
The Children’s Gathering on the Square meets in rooms at the back of St Peter’s Parish Hall from approximately 9am to 10am on Sunday mornings. The Godly Play program takes place in “The Loft” and is appropriate for children who are curious about the bible stories that they hear in church, enrolled in pre-school through the 4th grade of school. Children in grades 5 and up are invited to participate in The Rock program located below in “Son Room.” Older children are welcome to assist as teachers’ aides with either group.
February 26 Mystery of Easter Today we hear the Parable of the Good Shepherd and his sheep. This story is found in a gold parable box because parables are gifts that were given to us 2,000 years ago! In this story we learn that the Good Shepherd knows each of his sheep by name and they know the sound of his voice. He shows the sheep the way to good green grass and cool, clear water. He goes wherever his sheep are in danger. Wonder with your child who the sheep may really be? Who might the Good Shepherd be?
Posted on Monday, September 5, 2016